Monday, November 27, 2006

A few of my favorite things...

Growing up in my house, Christmas decorations included a large basket by the fireplace full of picture books about the holiday...my father would choose one each night and my siblings and I would get to hear our good-night story by the fireplace instead of in our beds. It was a lovely holiday treat and every year when we put our Christmas books on display, I'm reminded of those evenings. To that end, some of my Christmas recommendations for library patrons are as follows: How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess though this is one of the few books I prefer animated--the moment when his heart breaks the frame is too touching for words. The Last Straw by Fredrick H. Thury (which I cover in a separate entry, please check it out). The Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore should go without saying but every year, I'm shocked by how many people have never read it. -Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment